MSOC: The Braves Turn to the Ground Bluejays in Hillsboro
Men’s football | Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 9:00 am
DOWNLOAD THE FULL PDF OF THE GAME NOTES
HILLSBORO, Kan. – The Ottawa Braves men’s soccer team will travel to Hillsboro, Kan. to face the Tabor Bluejays on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
- The Braves are back on the road after back-to-back home games at AdventHealth Field. The Braves just won the shutout 2-0 Wednesday against Saint Mary’s.
- Top scorers Bence Molnar and Jonathan Rawayo each scored one goal in the game against USM. Molnar leads the team with six goals scored, and Rawayo is second with five goals.
- Molnar won the KCAC Offensive Player of the Week title last week for his recent form. He collected an assist and scored a goal in a 3-2 loss to Sterling. He scored all four OU goals in a 4-3 win over KWU, collecting two assists and scoring two goals, as well as the match winner in the 85e minute.
- Ottawa has a slight lead in the series with an 8-7-3 record, including a 2-0 victory in the last game between the two teams. The Braves currently have a three-game winning streak against the Bluejays, the longest winning streak in series history.
- The Bluejays have won three of their last four games since the start of the conference, with their only loss to # 3 Oklahoma Wesleyan.
- The Bluejays offense is led by a trio of first-year forwards from Great Britain. England’s Sam Butler has scored at least one goal in the last three matches. Jonathan Davis is another England striker who has scored two goals for the Bluejays, with Welshman Eric Brown also noting two goals.
- The OU men’s football team returns to AdventHealth Field for a game against Avila on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.