What’s open and closed in Toronto on Canada Day
As Toronto marks Canada Day after two years of virtual closures and events related to the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of services and businesses will remain closed this Friday.
Here is what is closed:
- Government offices will be closed and Canada Post will not deliver mail.
- Service Ontario and Service Canada offices will be closed.
- Most shopping centers will be closed.
- Most major grocery chains will be closed, as will LCBOs and Beer Stores.
- The Saint-Laurent market will be closed.
- Branches of the Toronto Public Library will be closed.
- City of Toronto community centers will be closed on Canada Day.
Here is what is open:
- Select grocery stores will be open, including most T&T, Rabba and H Mart locations.
- TTC routes will operate on a Sunday schedule. York Region Transit and TTC routes operating in York Region will operate on a Saturday schedule, according to York Regional Transit.
- Go Transit will operate on the Saturday schedule.
- CF Markville, CF Toronto Eaton Centre, Toronto Premium Outlets and Pacific Mall will be open.
- The outdoor pools will be open.
- The Toronto Zoo, CN Tower and Ripley’s Aquarium will also be open.
Here are some events around the city:
- Canada’s Wonderland will be celebrating on Friday with live music, food and street performers as well as fireworks.
- The ROM will have free access to all galleries and special exhibitions.
- The AGO will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Casa Loma will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., for general admission visits.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION